The GeoHumanities Special Interest Group (SIG) of the Alliance of Digital Humanities Organizations focuses on spatial, spatial-temporal and "placial" perspectives in the digital humanities. We host a mailing list (subscribe easily here) and tweet and re-tweet items we think will interest to our members, as @GeoHum_SIG.
Please take our new (and very short) member survey about future activities for the GeoHumanities SIG to undertake!
Seeking New Resource Listings, for GeoDiRT and GIS Projects
The GeoHumanities SIG is developing GeoDiRT, extending the DiRT Directory with an enhanced catalog of geospatial software tools and descriptions of projects which use them, tutorials relating to the tools and tool reviews. The first step is creating a list of them. If you know of tools and related resources you would like added, please submit them for review on this short form. You can use the same form to suggest addition to our Humanities GIS Projects list.
The GeoHumanities SIG has begun developing GeoDiRT, based on a feed of geographically-related resources listed in the DiRT Directory, a web-based registry of digital research tools for scholarly use. A team of GeoDiRT editors has begun reviewing items in that feed, and soliciting new listings to supplement it (details on this page and in this blog post). We expect GeoDiRT will be in shape to publish on this site in early 2016. In the meantime, here are a few lists and clearinghouses of GeoHumanities-related resources we're aware of. Please let us know of others, with a tweet (@GeoHum_SIG) or message on the SIG mailing list.
Recent blog posts
- Towards a Peer Review of GeoHumanities Projects
- Pre-DH2015 Workshop: Exploring Peer Review in the GeoHumanities
- NYPL Meeting: Moving Historical Geodata to the Web
- Lausanne SIG Meeting Notes
- GeoHumanities Editors for DiRT named
- A successful inaugural meeting
- On Defining GeoHumanities
- Inaugural SIG Meeting at DH 2014
- Place and Period in an Emerging Global Gazetteer: a proposed DH2014 workshop
- Towards DH and GeoDiRT taxonomies